I study (mis)information as an ecosystem by observing the behaviors of its players. My work on this topic includes: understanding audiences’ responses on social media (CSCW’18a, ICWSM’20), auditing platforms’ interventions such as content moderation (ICWSM’19, AAAI’20) and search ranking (CSCW’18b), structurizing fact-checkers’ articles for search engines (WWW’20), etc.
More broadly, I’m interested in (mostly) computational social science and (recently) natural language processing. Related work can be found in my publications.
- Northeastern, Ph.D. in Computer Science, advised by Christo Wilson, expected 2021
- BUPT, B.B.A. in Management Information Systems, 2016
- Northeastern, Research Assistant, 2016 - now
- Facebook (Integrity), Ph.D. ML Intern, 2020
- Google (Research), Ph.D. SWE Intern, 2019
- Dataminr (AI & DS), Research Intern, 2019
- NUS, Research Assistant, 2015 - 2016
- BUPT, Research Assistant, 2013 - 2015
- 2020-03-17: Belief modeling and measurement paper was accepted at ICWSM’20. Thanks to my collaborators Miriam and Andrew from UCSB!
- 2020-01-10: Fact-check paper (done during the summer internship with Google Research) was accepted at WWW’20. Thanks to Simon, Abe and Cong from the fact-check team!
- 2019-11-15: Going for an internship with Facebook’s dangerous content team in summer 2020.
- 2019-10-08: Content moderation paper was invited as a sister conference track paper at AAAI’20.
- 2019-08-30: Finished my summer internship with Google Research. Had a wonderful time thanks to the entire NY structured data team!
- 2019-06-11: Content moderation paper won an Outstanding Analysis Paper award at ICWSM’19. Thanks to my collaborator Ron!
(Thanks to my advisor Christo are implicitly embedded in everything above.)